1. This Music Video by Ingrid Michaelson (Featuring Zooey Deschanel) – I’ve always been obsessed with animated stop-motion films created with felt.
Here’s another short film I’ve watched about a half dozen times (it’s on Netflix). It’s called ‘Robin Robin’ and it’s a delightful holiday gem.
2. This SNL Monologue by John Malkovich – truly a national treasure.
3. This Tour of Fortnum & Mason (and also Harrods) at Christmas – My friends know this, but F&M is my mothership and it’s been calling to me for the past couple of years. For myself personally, not being able to get to London and Ireland to visit my friends there and do all the things I love to do in the UK is in the top five most difficult things about the pandemic.
4. This Christmas Short (which is actually a Christmas Advert)
5. This (Faux) Letter to Santa – gotta love a little historical humor.
“Dear Santa, I’ve been very good this year, destroying the abbeys, killing my wives and getting rid of the pope. For Christmas, I would like money, France and more power. If you don’t give me this, I’ll make myself Santa instead”#letterstosantahttps://t.co/XWRdRyJZa3 pic.twitter.com/puzwPNUO5Y
— HistoryExtra (@HistoryExtra) December 16, 2021
[Found by my friend Jeanne (thanks Jeanne!)]
6. This Collection of Eggnog Cartons – Called the “Eggnog Project“, graphic designer Madeleine Eiche has curated a museum-worthy selection of eggnog cartons that exhibit the variety of designs in American eggnog packaging.
[Found on ‘Messy Nessy Chic’]
7. These Letters from J.R.R. Tolkien to His Children – Can you imagine receiving something so incredible? Not only were the stories wonderful (which is no surprise) but the drawings are magnificent!!!
Word of the Week
Quote of the Week