1. This Census video – I don’t think they could have found any better spokesperson than the Count and his pals at Sesame Street. Have you completed your Census yet?
2. These amazing photographs – A collaborative project, CreativeSoul Photography and LaChanda Gatson, makeup artist and hairstylist, created these stunning photographs of Disney princesses reimagined as young Black girls. You can go to this My Modern Met article to see more photos from the series. They describe the girls as regal and that is exactly what they are.
3. This cool Pride Flag – for the second to last day of Pride Month. Designer Daniel Quasar has added to the traditional colors to make the flag even more inclusive. For the details you can read an article about it here in them.
4. Birding with Chris Cooper – I don’t want to get into a big rant about the incident that brought Mr. Cooper into the limelight, just watch the video. He’s lovely.
5. This Granola: Kick Ash Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Granola – I start every single morning with the same breakfast: a cup of plain Greek yogurt (I use Fage), anywhere from a 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. organic blueberries (the fresher and plumper they are the more that ends up in the bowl), and about a 1/4 c. of this granola. Mix and consume. I used to only get this when I’d go up to Door County (my favorite part of Wisconsin – it’s in the thumb) to visit my Aunt & Uncle. But with the pandemic my normal trip up has been greatly delayed. Fortunately they ship!!! (They have several other flavors, I just ordered a package of Chai Spice Granola to try.)
I love this one…
I’ve had to straighten my crown quite a bit lately but straighten it I do!