1. This Stonehenge Made Out of Ice (called “Icehenge”) – okay, so THIS is so AWESOME! And it turns out this was done by a friend of mine’s husband (along with a couple other guys.) How amazing is it! They didn’t do it this year because of COVID and I guess because it’s too cold but I told her to let me know if they do it next year because I want to see it in person. How did I not know about this?!?!
2. This Teacher – I mean, how cool is this? Teachers are way too underappreciated and definitely UNDERPAID.
3. These EXQUISITE William Morris Designs – I love, love, love the octopus. It’s so steampunk! (Steampunk is one of my many obsessions.) I can’t believe Morris created such a design but it’s really his!!! (Thanks Ann.)
4. These Children’s & YA Books on Body Acceptance – man, if only books like these had been available when I was a kid.
5. This TikTok Environmental Science Enthusiast Known as the Black Forager – she’s adorable.
6. This “Cover” of ‘American Pie’ by Home Free Featuring Don McLean – thanks to my brother Michael for bringing it to my attention. So wonderful!!!
7. This Video of Ryan Reynolds Learning about Ice Sculpture – Ice Sculpture is super cool (and rather intimidating!) Every single time I watch a video of him I only love him even more (and when it’s of him and his wife Blake Lively, ❤️ both of them, they’re so cute!) BUT, it’s not surprising, after all, he’s Canadian.
Word of the Day
Quote of the Day
Today’s quote is from a series called ‘Dead Feminists Broadsides’ which have been gathered together in a book titled Dead Feminists: Historic Heroines in Living Color. I am will post other broadsides in the future but I thought I’d start with Harriet Tubman in honor of Black History Month. You can purchase postcards of all (I think) of the broadsides and there are a few broadsides that you can still actually purchase. Also, there are some lovely mini-broadsides for a few “unofficial” members of the Dead Feminists broadside series. Personally, I would love to have them ALL! Click on the image below to go to the website.
Have a Wonderful Week!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/menopausalbroad.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/hemingway/comments.php on line 16
Jester, I know I have said this to you before. And I hope repetition does not make me sound insincere. But I FLIPPIN’ LOVE YOUR BLOG. It just has a way of showing up in my email when I most need to have my spirits lifted.
That American Pie rendition was nothing short of sublime. I now feel like I need to listen to every song that group sings. The only thing that ruined it was my own insistence upon singing along with the song and drowning out those beautiful harmonies with my own creaky voice.
But I hope you get as much joy out of putting the blog together as I certainly get out of stumbling upon the little treasures you gather for us every so often. Angela Gulick
Awwww, you are so sweet! And yes, I get incredible joy putting this together. Of course when I get feedback from you guys it just makes it all the better!!!