Congratulations to President-Elect Joe Biden and to Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris, the first female Vice President as well as the first person of color to serve as Vice President. The world is going to be a better place come 2021!
1. These Celebrations Around the World for Joe Biden & Kamala Harris’ Victory
Church Bells Ringing in Paris…
New York City…
Photos… (there are more at the AP News website, click on the photo for the link.)
World Leaders React To Joe Biden Beating Donald Trump: “It’s Time To Get Back To Building Bridges, Not Walls”
There are a few more world reactions here. They will bring tears to your eyes. I’ve seen people write – “Welcome back America.” The first time I saw it I completely lost it.
[Updated, since the celebrations have continued on for a second day I added a few more!]
This made me weep, gave me goosebumps, my heart swelled, a whole series of emotions…
This tweet by the Mayor of Paris, Anne Hildago. She is one of the first people to say, “Welcome back America!”
And in Ireland they continue to celebrate their favorite great-great-grandson.
The Secretary General of NATO
2. This Clever Video with a few tweaks to Avengers: Endgame. I didn’t expect it to make me weepy.
3. This Political Journalist, Steve Kornacki – America’s election night crush. Yep, nerds are dreamy.
[Updated] And if you want to see him in action one more time (or like me, more than one more time; I will just keep watching this whenever I need a Kornacki fix)…
4. This Video of our new PRESIDENT-ELECT, Joe Biden – anyone who can watch this and not see Joe as being a most empathetic and compassionate man is seriously brainwashed and/or messed up. If you don’t know the story behind the video click here.
5. This CNN New Commentator, Van Jones – who broke down in tears when it was finally announced that Joe Biden was the winner of the Presidential Election.
“It’s easier to be a dad this morning. It’s easier to tell your kids, ‘Character matters, being a good person matters,'” Jones said. “And it’s easier for a whole lot of people. If you’re Muslim in this country, you don’t have to worry that the president doesn’t what you here. If you’re an immigrant, you don’t have to worry if the president is happy your baby has been snatched away.”
Through heavy tears, Jones said, “This is vindication for a lot of people who really have suffered. ‘I can’t breathe.” That was not just George Floyd. There were a lot of people who felt like they couldn’t breathe.”
He added, “This is a big deal; for us to get some peace and have a reset. Being a good man matters. I want my son to look at this. It is a good day for this county. I am sorry for the people who lost, but for most, this is a good day.”
6. This Electoral Map by the French newspaper, Le Monde – so much smarter in terms of giving a real visual for the vote distribution.
7. This Samantha Bee video, the one we have been waiting for…
Yeah, can’t stop at seven today….
8. This Joyful Video Compilation….
9. This Lincoln Project Video
10. This Video Filmed by Kamala’s Husband, Doug of Kamala talking with Joe right after she found out that the election had been called for Joe.
And here are Doug and Kamala right after Kamala received the news that she is now the FIRST FEMALE VICE PRESIDENT in US History. (It’ll be nice to have regular, normal people back in the White House.)
11. This Clip from Tonight’s Joe Biden Speech, Introduced by Kamala Harris – man, those fireworks.
[Update] 13. This SNL monologue by Dave Chappelle
Also, the SNL Cold Open which I’ve watched three times so far…
[Update] 14. This Historic Der Spiegel Magazine Cover...
[Update] 15. This Twitter Post (I adore Eddie Marsan.)
[Update] 16. This Group Hug
[Update] 17. This Bride and Groom, who had the most EPIC wedding day ever!
[Update] 18. This Infographic
[Update] 19. This Episode of Last Week Tonight With John Oliver