- 1. Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man – former NFL linebacker Emmanuel Acho started a series of videos to create a safe space for discussion about race and racism. For white people who want to educate themselves (and that should be all of us), this is an excellent resource.
- 2. Hildegard von Blingin’ – I don’t know much about this Hildegard but she is taking modern songs and giving them a medieval twist. She’s done four covers so far – ‘Creep’ by Radiohead, ‘Bad Romance’ by Lady Gaga, ‘Pumped Up Kicks’ by Foster the People and ‘What is Love’ by Haddaway.
3. This article about 13 Virtual Train Trips you can enjoy right now. PINCH ME!!!
4. Karolina Zebrowska – I’ve included a video from this incredibly talented, clever, and funny Polish director, historian, and film maker before but she is so eclectic I thought I’d share a new one that I’ve run across…
In this video, Zebrowska has used her love of vintage clothing and created a 1940s (and one 1960s) look for several of ‘The Office’ cast members. She’s SPOT ON! If you’re a fan of the show, you’ll love it.
5. This Cellist, Sheku Kanneh-Mason – I can’t even describe what his music does to my heart.
5. These Hand Soaps – you know, when you have to wash your hands a few dozen times a day, it’s not a bad idea to invest in a hand soap that not only make the experience more pleasant (smell so nice) but aren’t so harsh on your hands. Here are three of my favorites:
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Hand Soap – I love the Peppermint scent, $3.99
A la Maison de Provence Liquid Soap – I’m currently usinhe Provence lemon but I am going to try either the Lavender Aloe or Rose Lilac next. They are super foamy, all natural ingredients, and have oil added which makes my hands feel soft afterward, price varies (depends upon where you buy it)
Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Wash – this is pricey but the bottle is big and will last a while. Think about how often you wash you hands and how important it is to protect your skin (it is, after all, the largest organ on your body!), $39.00
6. [BONUS] The Art of JP Cummings – this digital artist creates fictional, vintage inspired buildings and rooms that are so inviting you will wish you could walk into them.
I’m so happy to be celebrating PRIDE MONTH but after today’s historic Supreme Court decision there’s really something big for LGBTQ people and their allies to cheer about! Love=Love. WHOO HOO!!!